This definitive guide to the best office chairs of 2019 explores everything you need to know to find an office chair best suited to your needs, including ergonomics, price, aesthetics and features. Our office chair recommendations for beginners to the professional multi-seat in the field test.
We sit up to 1,420 hours a year. That’s about 59 days a year, which we spend on our office chair. Therefore, do something good for your body and pay particular attention to ergonomics when purchasing ! Of course, the price and the design also play a role. Therefore, we would like to introduce you to our top 5 office chairs – of which one model is certainly the right one for you. Each of the five office chairs has its right to exist and is aimed at a specific target group . Be it an office chair for the home office, the newly founded start-up or a classic executive chair for a professional office. Compare the different features at a glance.
Our “Glorious Seven” show you what you should pay particular attention to when buying an office chair. In the end, of course, the choice is yours. After all, you know best what is important to you personally and what functions you can best do without.
Best Ergonomic Office Chair under $100
1. Mid-Back Mesh Chair by Flash Furniture
Flash Furniture Mid-Back Mesh ChairThe Flash Furniture Mid-Back Mesh Chair is a rare find: a well-reviewed, comfortable chair that fits any budget. This chair features a sturdy five-wheel base with a mesh ergonomically contoured back that gives you the support you need to get through a full day of work. One of the most surprising things about this chair is the fact that it’s actually sized well for larger people taller than six feet, which is a rare find in an office chair priced under $100.
Chronische Nackenschmerzen sind eine häufige Beschwerde bei Menschen, die Stunden am Tag in einem Stuhl verbringen, entweder über Papierkram gebogen oder vor einem Monitor arbeiten. Der richtige ergonomische Stuhl kann helfen, die schlechte Körperhaltung zu korrigieren, indem er die Gesundheit der Wirbelsäule unterstützt. Der beste Bürostuhl für Nackenschmerzen bietet Unterstützung für die Wirbelsäule und vor allem verstellbare Höhe und Neigung, um zu vermeiden, dass der Hals gekränkend ist, um einen Computerbildschirm zu sehen.
2. AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chair
Das Einkaufen für einen Bürostuhl mit einem Budget bedeutet nicht, dass Sie Komfort und Gesundheit opfern müssen. Der AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chair verfügt über eine verstellbare Sitzhöhe, die mit einem gepolsterten in schwarzem gebundenem Leder und gepolstertem Sitz und Rückenlehne kombiniert wird. Es verfügt über Dual-Rder-Kaler für einfache Bewegung und es ist der beste Bürostuhl, den Sie für unter $100 von Amazon selbst bekommen können.
3. Essentials Leather Executive Office/Computer Chair with Arms
- EXECUTIVE SWIVEL CHAIR: The smooth, pliable SofThread Leather seating surface with tailored stitching detail gives an upscale, luxurious feel at a compelling price
- COMFORTABLE STYLE: This home office chair provides comfy all-day upper body support with an integrated headrest and fixed arms
- ERGONOMIC POSTURE SUPPORT: Fully adjustable seat height and seat back recline match your comfort and work preferences
- DURABLE OFFICE FURNITURE: This heavy duty chair has a 250 pound weight capacity for long-lasting use. Seat Height-17.50 – 21.25 inches. Seat Size-19.25 W x 17.50 D inches. Back Size-19.75 W x 21.25 H inches
- WARRANTY & SUPPORT: Relax knowing this computer chair is backed by the Essentials by OFM limited warranty
4. Essentials Swivel Mid Back Mesh Task Chair with Arms (ESS-3001)
- COOLING MESH BACK WORK CHAIR: Added comfort with breathable fabric that you can relax into
- COMFORTABLE SWIVEL CHAIR: Pneumatic seat height adjustment, adaptable recline, and 360-degree swivel allows you to customize your comfort
- FIXED ARM OFFICE CHAIR: Sculpted arms provide comfy all-day support for upper body and shoulders
- ERGONOMIC POSTURE SUPPORT: Ergonomic back frame provides increased support and comfort while fixed arms provide upper body support
- HEAVY DUTY AND DURABLE OFFICE FURNITURE: This computer chair has durable sandwich mesh, sculpted arms, and 250 pound weight capacity
Best Ergonomic Office Chair under $200
1. “Walker” adjustable office chair15. The Walker Adjustable Office Chair
The “Walker” adjustable office chair by The Green Group is hard to beat in its price range. The “Walker” features 360-degree swivel motion with a stable five-wheel base and the ability to recline with the flip of a lever.
This chair was designed specifically to support the neck to avoid neck strain with a unique curved, adjustable headrest that supports your head and encourages proper alignment when you lean back. The padded headrest, arm rests, height, and lumbar support are all fully adjustable.
2. Alera ALEEL42B04 Elusion Series Mesh Mid-Back
- Ergonomic design adjusts to fit multiple users
- Cool, breathable mesh back
- Contoured seat cushion with waterfall edge to help relieve pressure on legs
- Height- and width-adjustable arms with soft polyurethane pads
- Five-star base with casters for easy mobility
3. Alera ALENR4219 Neratoli Series Mid-Back Swivel/Tilt Chair, Black Leather, Chrome Frame
- Contemporary cushioned seating with a slim profile
- Waterfall seat reduces pressure on the back of the knees for improved circulation
- Padded arm caps for comfort and support
Best Ergonomic Office Chair under $300
1. Hbada Ergonomic Office Chair – Modern High-Back Desk Chair
- DOUBLE S ERGONOMIC – This computer chair features Ergonomic-Human-Curve designed backrest and headrest which creates total spinal support. So that the chair moves with postures to hold spine perfectly and ease pressure & pain on back for everyday use
- STAY COMFY FOR 8 HOURS – Ergonomic mesh back allows air, body heat and water vapor to pass through, keeping away the buildup of heat and humidity close to the body. And this chair also offers an upgraded big ergonomic & adjustable seat with comfortable foam padding
- SLEEK & DURABLE – Based on Structural Mechanics Principles, this Minimalism style chair is well built and sure is a compelling seating choice that refresh your office with its modern and fashion sense. Heavy duty steel base,SGS certificated gas lift cylinder and tilt mechansim provide sturdy and stable sitting experience
- RECLINING SYSTEM – Synchronized tilt mechanism provides smooth, effortless recliner and enables personalized fit, lock at any angle between 90 – 150 degree,which makes it a perfect office partner – back straighten up for Work Mode and full reclining for Rest Mode
- CHAIR MEASUREMENTS – Chair size: 26.8″ * 26.8″ * 45.7″-50.4″(L * W * H). Seat height adjust: 17.3″-20.5″. Seat area: 18.5″ * 19.7″. Backrest area: 18.5″ * 22.4″ Maximum Chair Weight: 225 lbs. An assemble guide book included and provides 1 year worry free warranty
2. Sihoo Ergonomics Office Chair Computer Chair Desk Chair, Adjustable Headrests Chair Backrest
- ★【Features】”Two-way fine-tuning healthy lumbar pillow protects the lumbar spine, integrated by the bracket Support shoulder vertebrae, multi-dimensional free rotating head pillow to protect the Cervical vertebra, 10cm lift 360° rotation is flexible and suitable for office environment, 120° back-adjustment office rest and correctness, soft cotton and soft cotton cushion is soft and comfortable, sedentary is not easy to deform，Adjustable handrail
- ★ 【Ergonomic design】SIHOO is recommended by the Ergonomics Application Association. SIHOO’s ergonomic design is based on the human dynamic digital model. The ridge backrest and the human spine are exactly the same. Fitting closer together helps release spinal pressure. SIHOO will make you more comfortable.
- ★ 【Material】The tensile strength of the good net mesh cloth is better than ordinary fabric.The smooth and thickened PU castors don’t scrape the floor.The steady high strength alloy gas lift is safe and guaranteed.
- ★ 【Design】SIHOO is the crystallization of the common wisdom of many professionals in human body, physiologist, product designer, mechanical engineer，does its best to make every step comfortable and safe for every customer. Every small part has strict safety quality testing. Cushion impact test, handrail fatigue test, chair foot static pressure test, in line with the strict standards of office chairs。
- ★ 【warranty】Product warranty period is one year. If there is any quality problem, please contact us. After confirming, we will change the accessory for you. We promise to provide you with zero profit product accessories within three years of the warranty period.
Best Ergonomic Office Chair under $500
1. Boss Office Products B1615-BK Ergonomic Works Drafting Chair
- Contoured back and seat help to relieve back-strain; Pneumatic gas lift seat height adjustment
- Large 27″ nylon base for greater stability; Hooded double wheel casters
- Strong 20″ diameter chrome foot ring
- Optional glides can be used in place of casters (TU021)
- Available in four fabric colors
2. AmazonBasics Low-Back Task Chair
- Comfortable task chair upholstered in black fabric
- Padded seat and back for all-day comfort and support
- Pneumatic seat-height adjustment; 360-degree swivel; smooth-rolling casters
- 250-pound maximum weight capacity; assembly instructions included
- Measures 25.2 by 18.7 by 34.6 to 37.8 inches (LxWxH); 1-year limited warranty
Best Ergonomic Office Chair under $1000
1. White Ergonomic Genuine Leather Chair by GM Seating
White Ergonomic Office ChairThe White Ergonomic Leather Office chair has a very unique style that quickly sets it apart from the pack. Combining the ergonomics with luxurious genuine leather makes it the right pick for your office. It is fully adjustable with features like seat slide adjustment, tilt tension, headrest heigh and angle adjustment for those suffering neck pain. The 3D armrest also has adjustable height and can be moved forward or backward to suit your sitting style.
The distinctive design offers support to both back with unique lumbar support system and neck with height adjustable backrest.
2. Ergohuman by Eurotech
Another great option is the Ergohuman chair by Eurotech Seating. Right away, you’ll notice the unique design of this chair, which features eight ergonomic adjustments to keep your neck and back aligned all day long.
The Ergohuman has breathable mesh to promote circulation with the ability to adjust the back angle and height, tilt lock, tilt tension control, synchro tilt, arm height, and seat depth and height. The headrest adjusts up and down so you can position it to hit your neck perfectly, with a curvature that supports your head and neck when you lean back.
3. Sayl Chair by Herman Miller
Herman Miller is responsible for the first ergonomic chair, and this high-end brand is known for producing some of the best chairs in the world. The Herman Miller Sayl Chair is the brand’s most affordable office chair, which already puts it a cut above most chairs in this price range. Designed by Yves Behar, the Sayl chair comes in many colors and it’s made in the United States from recyclable materials.
This beautiful “life unframed” chair combines ergonomics with design and superior engineering with two unique innovations: the Y-Tower and ArcSpan. Behar was inspired by the Golden Gate bridge and its ability to carry massive loads. This inspiration is clear in the design. BRIT_Awards11__25The Y-Tower feature is the backbone of the chair, stretching the fabric while offering support. The ArcSpan provides shape to the back while anchoring the unique suspension fabric in place.
As it’s the most budget-friendly Herman Miller chair available, it doesn’t have many of the adjustaments and other features you get from most models with this brand, but it will still impress.
4. Steelcase Leap Fabric Chair
Not everyone can afford to spend $1000 or more on a chair. That doesn’t mean you should have to settle for an inferior product. In fact, the Leap Fabric Chair is the best selling ergonomic chair Steelcase produces. This means you can be confident that you are purchasing a reliable and comfortable product.
Steelcase Leap Fabric Chair
One of the best features of this chair is Steelcase’s patented LiveBack technology. That means that this chair actually conforms to the shape of your back, offering much-needed support and keeping you comfortable for longer periods of time than ever before. The chair also glides to accommodate your posture as you change position or recline, helping to keep your work in focus while helping your back and neck stay comfortable and pain-free.
Not only does the Leap Chair conform to your body and move with you in ways no other chair does, it is also sustainably produced. No less than 30% of the chair is made from recycled materials, and over 90% of the chair is recyclable, meaning that when this chair does finally give out, the materials can be reused, providing very limited environmental fallout.
Every part of the chair is flexible, from the upper back to the lower back, the arms to the edge of the seat, from the height of the seat to its depth. Each chair allows full optimization so that every user can enjoy the same support and comfort as their coworkers. For the price, there is simply no better office chair.
5. Herman Miller Classic Aeron Chair Loaded Posture Fit
The Herman Miller Aeron Chair has developed quite a following over the years as the chair that started the ergonomic craze. The chair was designed for Herman Miller by Don Chadwick and Bill Stumpf and it was the very first to feature a woven seat and back without foam cushions.
The Aeron is based on the biomorphic principles of the body for ultimate comfort. It also helps combat lower back pain in particular with a high back and a head cushion that allows you to rest your head while still maintaining correct posture. The Aeron chair is available in sizes A, B, and C, each of which is created to give you the most adjustable and comfortable experience.
- Made in USA
- Superior Support for Your Body: PostureFit properly supports the base of your spine, or sacral region, to help your pelvis maintain a natural forward tilt, thus keeping your spine fully aligned
- Moves with You, Naturally: Patented Kinemat tilt mimics the body’s natural pivot points—the hips, knees, and ankles—so the chair works with, not against, your body, and you recline fluidly
- Conforms to Your Shape: It conforms to each person who sits in the chair, and distributes weight evenly, eliminating pressure points and heat buildup
- Designed to last a long time, and parts that get the most wear are easily replaced and recycled
- Distinctive, Sophisticated Look: A selection of sophisticated materials and a choice of three Pellicle weave patterns make the chair well-suited to a variety of tastes and surroundings
Painful sitting: Whoever sits wrong suffers
What causes daily sitting? The following paragraphs give you an overview of the current data and facts about sitting.
Data and facts about sitting
We sit up to 1,420 hours a year. That’s 59 days a year that we just sit. Most of them are still wrong. The result is pain! Those most frequently complain of back pain as well as neck and shoulder pain. Wrong sitting can definitely lead to tendonitis and in the worst case even cause a herniated disc. Incorrect stress also often causes complications such as knee problems.
Meanwhile, 80% of society suffer from back pain at short notice and even 25% of all illnesses are caused by back problems. Due to back pain, affected persons drop on average 17.5 days . So doctors even suggest that many cases of depression are due to back pain.
Correct sitting: Help is provided by the ergonomic office chair
In order to counteract pain, we see ourselves coping with the office routine therefore forced to choose an ergonomically sensible office chair . But why is that so important? And what distinguishes a suitable office chair?
The importance of orthopedic office chairs
An orthopedic office chair is essential for a healthy posture at the desk and performs the following tasks daily:
- Protection and relief of the back
- Better circulation of the legs
- More leeway and relief for shoulders and neck
- Columns & mobilization
- Changing working postures are possible
It has been proven that sufferers with an orthopedic office chair suffer less pain and that ergonomic sitting is better for the human body. Even if it sounds paradoxical at first, our body needs both support and movement while sitting. Otherwise, our back and abdominal muscles would break down and produce a permanently crooked posture. Only a back-friendly office chair can simultaneously stabilize and mobilize.
Therefore, it is important to realize the relevance of an orthopedic office chair.
Basically, however: No matter how good the office chair, the more often you change your own posture, the better. Ideally, you should change the sitting position every hour. To make this easy and intuitive, the choice of office chair is so crucial. Keep in mind that most of the time is spent at the workplace during the day. It can be up to 8 hours and more for start-ups or self-employed. Anyone who pays too much attention to the price clearly saves at the wrong end.
Decision support: 7 things that are relevant to the purchase
One thing is obvious: an ergonomic office chair is a must. But what should you pay attention to when buying? Which functions are really useful? And what characterizes an ergonomic office chair? – Below we have summarized for you the 7 most important aspects that make up a good office chair.
1. The backrest
A stepless and individual adjustment possibility of the backrest in its height and inclination is necessary to adapt the chair to the own body. In the upper area, the backrest should not be too wide and rounded at the back. In addition, a so-called lumbar support, the forward arched, lower area of the backrest, provides support for the lower back.
The lumbar support should ideally be able to adjust itself in height or at least by the height of the entire backrest is adjusted. From an orthopedic point of view, the lumbar support should ideally be at belt height.
Tip: Many commit the mistake (usually without realizing it) and sit on the seat edge and slightly bent. So, however, the spine is not supported. It is better with the pelvis and back to slide right up to the backrest. A flexibly adjustable lumbar support provides additional support for the lower back. So you can relieve their legs and blood circulation is promoted.
2. The armrests
Arm and shoulder parts are often loaded incorrectly. Armrests provide relief and relieve these areas significantly. Above all, getting up and sitting down is made much easier. The right “sitting down” is also not to be underestimated.
Ideal is a bumpless lowering of the spine on the seat. Armrests, as well as headrests, can prevent tension in the neck and cervical vertebrae in advance.
The more setting options the office chair offers, the better it can be adapted to the needs. We recommend that the armrests should be adjustable at least in height. If the seat position changes frequently, the armrests should also be depth-adjustable and swiveling.
The resulting optimization of the arm posture ensures that the muscles and tendons of the arm and hand are effectively relieved.
3. The seat
Care should be taken with the seating surface to encourage the user to use the entire surface and to make permanent contact between the back and backrest.
The optimal seat width is between 40 and 50cm, but this varies individually. If the seat is set so that it drops slightly towards the front, this promotes blood circulation and the upright position of the pelvis and at the same time prevents sitting in the rounded back.
Make sure that the seat in the rear area is not tilted too high to avoid slipping constantly from the seat. Furthermore, a flat rounded seat front edge prevents blood circulation disorders in the lower legs.
Tip: If the seat is set correctly, you can tell by the fact that …
- between upper and lower legs a right angle is created
- there is a 3 to 4 finger gap between seat leading edge and back of the knees.
The correct adjustment of the seat therefore ensures an ideal pressure distribution and optimal blood circulation. At the same time, the back, knee and thigh and lower leg are relieved.
4. The mechanics
Office chairs have a wealth of different mechanisms. While the previously used permanent mechanics, in which the seat surface is rigid and only the backrest can tilt backwards, is now obsolete, dominated by a mechanism today:
In the point synchronous mechanism , often referred to as synchronous mechanism , the seat and backrest synchronously adapts to their own movement and brings in this way the pelvis in an upright position. Point synchronous means that the backrest always remains at the same point on the back and does not slip up or down. In this way it is ensured that the outerwear does not slip, which can occur with other mechanisms.
The Synchro-Relax mechanism has a wider tilt angle than the point-synchro mechanism, allowing you to lean back to a greater extent.
Tip: Sitting dynamically is the be-all and end-all. Ideally, you sit leaned forward, upright and leaning back. The synchronous mechanism corrects incorrect postures and relieves the back. Office chairs with this function, which enable the so-called “dynamic sitting”, additionally support the change of the seating position. Musculature and intervertebral discs are better supplied with blood.
5. The reference
The choice of the cover is not only something for the eye, but the reference meets quite thermoregulatory and ergonomic functions. Especially on hot summer days, the quality of a good fabric cover makes itself felt. The clothing should not stick to the skin or the cover.
A high-quality fabric reference indicates that it allows the exchange of moisture and body heat. Open-pored foam or mesh is therefore the right choice.
6. The headrest
Normally, the headrest plays no role in healthy sitting posture, since in upright sitting manner there is no contact with her. Doctors even recommend keeping their heads slightly inclined, which is why the screen should always be positioned slightly lower than the eye level.
For office chairs with a large angle of inclination of the backrest, however, a headrest is indispensable for ergonomic reasons, since the head can be easily ajar if you want to lean back. For people who tend to tension or even have a damaged cervical spine, the headrest should also be tilted forward.
When the head restraints is to pay attention to whether they are adjustable in height and depth in order to support the neck and shoulder area. This way, upper back pain can be effectively prevented. The correct position of the headrest must be fixed according to subjective feelings on the optimal setting for you, unfortunately, there is no patent remedy.
Tip: Sit upright! By the way, sitting upright is relieved with a headrest, like the Ergohuman made of mesh fabric. This prevents neck and shoulder pain. The headrest should be adjustable in inclination and in height if possible.
7. The function levers
With the help of the function levers all adjustments of the office chair can be made, so that an individual and ergonomic adjustment is possible.
Therefore, all buttons, switches and levers should be easily accessible while sitting and intuitive to use. The function of each function lever should also be understandable using pictograms.
Conclusion for ergonomic sitting
Ergonomic sitting in the office is a prerequisite for creative thinking processes and effective work. Now you know the seven most important aspects to consider before you buy or hire an office chair.
Our Ergonomics Guide provides more useful information on this topic and also includes a graph on the ergonomic workspace that summarizes the most important settings at a glance.
Useful information for the office chair purchase
In addition to the above 7 things that are relevant to the purchase, there is still a lot more to consider. In the following, we inform you about quality seals and test marks for quality, recommended accessories and introduce you to the seat ball as an alternative to the office chair. But first, the focus should be on frequently asked questions. For example:
- How often should you change the office chair?
- Which office chair is right for a herniated disc?
- Which office chair is recommended for back problems?
The first question can not be answered so easily, because the answer depends heavily on individual factors. If the office chair has been exposed to regular use and / or heavy use for many years, it may be worthwhile considering the purchase of a new piece of furniture. Another reason could be that your own usage behavior has changed and the need for a better equipped, ergonomic office chair with more setting options is evolving.
So that her back is spared even during working hours
Many people complain about back problems without being aware that these are usually closely related to a herniated disc. Every year nearly 5 million people suffer from a herniated disc and 8 out of 10 back surgeries are due to herniated discs.
Back pain definitely take it seriously!
Anyone who suffers from back pain for a long time should not shy away from going to the doctor, so surgery may be avoided. Anyone who complains of severe back pain or has already had a herniated disc needs an office chair that is adapted to this condition.
Here we would like to give you an overview of which criteria must be met in order to optimally protect your intervertebral discs. In addition, we will make a recommendation for three disc swivel chairs, which we have again divided into the categories “beginner”, “climber” and “professional”.
23 discs that can make our life hell
Surely you’ve also heard from a friend that he had a herniated disc or maybe you were or are you affected. However, we are often unaware that the human spine has 23 discs, all of which have the potential to cause problems.
So what exactly happens with a herniated disc? And how do the intervertebral discs actually work?
Intervertebral Discs: Definition, Structure & Location
An intervertebral disc (lat. Discus intervertebralis) is a flexible and fibrous coronal part of the spine located between the vertebral bodies . Therefore, the discs act as links of the individual vertebral bodies and contribute to their mobility. Overall, the discs make up about 25% of the spine.
In everyday life, the spine is subjected to many movements and shocks that are absorbed by the intervertebral discs. The intervertebral discs thus reduce the pressure on the spine, so that the human body usually does not suffer from pain. But what happens with a herniated disc?
In order to understand this, it is important to have a closer look at the structure of the intervertebral discs. Spinal discs consist of two parts:
- Outer annulus fibrosus (fibrous ring)
- inner nucleus pulposus
In a herniated disc, the viscous interior (nucleus pulposus) emerges from the nucleus. Due to a crack in the fiber ring, this viscous material becomes disc slab: The viscous interior of the nucleus pulposus penetrates outward from the nucleus to the fibrous ring (annulus fibrosus). If the mass is stored on the spinal cord or a nerve, the herniated disc can lead to pain or paralysis. Pressed on the outside and then penetrates into the spinal canal and exerts there mechanical pressure on the surrounding nerve fibers, which is painful.
Longer-term damage to the intervertebral discs therefore often leads to a herniated disc. The right office chair helps you to be painless after a herniated disc or to prevent a herniated disc. In the following, we explain what distinguishes a so-called intervertebral disc chair from conventional models.
The intervertebral disc: What makes the difference?
An important feature of an intervertebral disc swivel chair is above all an orthopedic disc seat and / or a backrest, which also has an integrated lumbar support. Especially the former is a must for an office chair, which should spare the intervertebral disc.
But what is the advantage of a disc seat? The disc seat or orthopedic wedge seat prevents the pelvis from tipping or improperly seated . For a flat or round back is also recommended to this extension of the swivel chair. Only then is a better supply (circulation / nutrients) of the intervertebral discs ensured. The correct position of the disc is also responsible for relieving the entire postural apparatus.
A lumbar support in turn ensures that the lordosis (natural curvature of the spine) is preserved from a malposition. When sitting for a long time this tends to buckle in the wrong direction. If this happens too often, the muscles can shorten and there is a malfunction.
These two criteria plus the features of an ergonomic desk chair presented in the guidebook must not be missing in a herniated disc or the prevention of such a herniated disc.
The Disc Swivel Chair for Beginners
If you want to do something good for your back and have to pay attention to the money, then the Synchro-Disc-Swivel-Chair Open Point SY Deluxe with headrest in fabric is exactly the right choice. In addition to adjustable armrests and, of course, the ergonomic disc seat for optimal support in the pelvic region, the Open Point SY Deluxe trumps above all with the shapely and functional headrest, which is adjustable in height and inclination.
The model also bears the GS mark of the LGA Nuremberg and comes with the purchase with a 2-year warranty. And even the design is convincing for such a chair in this price range. In addition to the design backrest with breathable mesh cover, the chrome-plated steel base cross makes a difference. The chair is available in different colors and can be adapted to the appropriate taste. The delivery includes chair castors for carpets. Anyone who has hard floors in the office or at home, such as parquet, laminate, stone or tiles, should resort to chair castors for hard floors.
The intervertebral disc recliner
From the middle price segment comes the Aeris Swopper Classic Basis. This Swopper, so a 3D active office swivel chair , convinces in particular by its simple, elegant design coupled with the three-dimensional movement possibility for a healthy sitting posture. There is also a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
The Swopper follows your movements, allowing you to always have a straight back even when leaning towards your table. The three-dimensional freedom of movement of the Swopper promotes constant changes in posture, which leads to the relief of the intervertebral discs. One-sided pressure loads of the intervertebral discs are eliminated; The Swopper keeps the discs elastic and healthy. The fact that your entire body is in motion during the “Swoping”, simultaneously abdominal, back and leg muscles is trained. Even ligaments and joints are spared and the upright sitting posture also boosts the circulation. You can also individually adjust the height, spring tension and lateral deflection of the swopper to ensure the best possible posture. To sit for 8 hours during working hours without having back pain.
In terms of design, the Swopper Classic base is also an eye-catcher. It has a high-quality aluminum foot ring in black with matching double safety rolls for carpets. Again, if you have parquet, laminate, stone or tile floors, you should resort to chair wheels for hard floors.
Ideal accessories can be found directly at the supplier of such swoppers. If you miss a backrest, you have the option of purchasing a 6-way height-adjustable and ergonomically curved backrest as well as a matching cover separately from the manufacturer.
Whether with or without backrest, the orthopedic swopper is of course available in several colors. Among others in black, red, purple or blue. The durable microfiber cover ensures that this chair will look good even after several hours of sitting. Therefore, it is only recommended!
The disc rotator for professionals
Here is the executive chair among the disc swivel chairs: the 3Dee Comfortplus Swopper executive chair . It is equipped with a high-quality microfiber cover and a multi-zone comfort seat. In addition, he also offers a backrest with lamella technology and lumbar spine. The patented Swopper technology brings you three times dynamically in motion and strengthens your muscles in everyday work. Again, the manufacturer Aeris impulse furniture 3-year warranty. The 3Dee Comfortplus Swopper executive chair impresses above all with its elegant design and its innovative concept.
The latter is particularly important, since it does not depend on the design of an intervertebral disc chair, but above all on the avoidance of postural damage and the optimal support of the intervertebral discs. And here, too, scores the Active Office Chair on the whole line, because the chair follows the movements of the body and not vice versa. This guarantees ergonomic seats! As with the Swopper for the Rising Star, the 3Dee Executive Chair features a smart, slightly convex shaped seat that features breathable multi-zone comfort foam and 3D motion that encourages and encourages movement.
The backrest strengthens the back thanks to the patented lamella technique and the physiologically shaped back padding without restricting the freedom of movement. As a result, the intervertebral discs are relieved and muscle breakdown is prevented. Of course, the backrest, as well as the seat depth can be adjusted.
Quality seal and test mark: How do you recognize quality?
With two letters each office chair in Germany must be at least marked. The GS certification mark stands for tested safety and guarantees to comply with the statutory minimum requirements according to the Equipment and Product Safety Act.
In addition, there are other quality seals such as the quality certificate of TÜV Rheinland (LGA). Many of these additional seals of approval often evaluate a few but specific aspects or characteristics.
Accessories: castors, mats, footrests – what is a must?
The desk chair is bought and hopefully it was the perfect choice. What many do not pay attention to when buying such a chair is that they are often equipped with only one assortment of chair castors, for example for carpets.
Roles: The bottom is important
So that you can take advantage of the full freedom of movement of a desk chair while working, the chair castors should fit to the respective floor. If parquet floors, laminate floors, stone floors or tile floors are installed in your office, office chair castors for hard floors are the right choice.
But why should you ever exchange the chair roles? Quite simply, hard floors can very quickly get scratches or bruises through the wrong rolls, including rolls for carpets. Conversely, these can be damaged by hard floor rolls. Especially then, if the premises are rented or in the rented apartment a home office is operated, so you should not do without an exchange of office chair roles.
For hard floors , we recommend the chrome-plated design rollers 619016 from hjh Office. Who wants to save some money is also well-advised with the model 619000 of hjh Office. For design lovers, Wild OX’s premium hard floor design wheels are a must. Anyone who has carpeting at home, of course, is looking for suitable carpet rolls. In this regard, you can safely access the AMSTYLE soft floor rolls.
Protective mats: Double holds better
This proverb applies in the context of office chair wheels and floor mats in any case. Because every soil is different sensitive. There are hardwood floors that are softer than others or just oiled but not sealed. Depending on the fiber used, carpets can also be very or hardly sensitive.
As with the rolls, a distinction is made here between two types of floor mats:
- Protective mats for carpets
- Protective mats for hard floors (parquet, laminate, stone or tiled floor)
Depending on your needs, there are floor mats in various sizes. So if you want to cover a larger area, you can easily roll back and forth between the computer and roll container / filing cabinet etc. without having to get up from the chair. This saves time and does not take you out of the workflow.
Our recommendation: A transparent floor mat , because so beautiful parquet floors are not hidden. Those who value the environment will find the right choice in the floor protection mat made by Floortex, in this case for hard floors. It is 100% recyclable. So you not only protect their floors, but also the environment. We think that’s an unbeatable combination!
But there are also suitable floor mats for decorators, such as the ground protection mat in trendy colors by Office Marshal. This is also suitable for hard floors and available in two different sizes and many different colors such as light green, red, orange, blue and more. All mats in this series are also made of recyclable polypropylene and free of harmful plasticizers . This is only beneficial for a healthy work environment and we can make a clear recommendation here.
For carpets there are special floor mats that are usually equipped with anchoring knobs that fit perfectly into the structure of the carpet. The 110x90cm large, transparent floor mat of the manufacturer etm is TÜV certified and bears the quality seal Blue Angel. It is also available in smaller versions and represents a clear buy recommendation for us!
Who wants to protect his floor in the long run, because this is finally a purely visual thing (keyword: customer visit!), Who should not refrain from buying the right chair roles for the office chair. A floor mat provides double protection and should be a must, especially in rented rooms.
Footrests: relaxation for the feet
A footrest, often referred to as a footrest or footrest, can become a great helper in everyday life, if the height of the desk can not be adjusted. The posture is significantly improved, especially for smaller people, and can be a real relief. Moving the feet to a higher position improves the circulation of the feet and legs , which adds noticeably more comfort to the desk.
Also, footrests are usually adjustable in height. Some models offer additional features such as a surface with knobbed trim for foot massage, non-slip rubber feet or the ability to adjust the angle of the tread infinitely. Nevertheless, a height-adjustable work table should always be preferred to a footrest, as this guarantees more dynamic seating.
Those looking for value for money should take a look at the footrest pedino dot from hjh office. The nubbed pad adapts to your movements and working style and promotes blood circulation in the feet.
In case you are willing to spend a little more, you can also use the Weda 2751 footrest. A product that meets all requirements for leg relief without any problems and is still ” made in Germany “.
Comfort and design combine the footrest of AMSTYLE. The ergonomic footrest can be adjusted in several stages in a total of 29 steps and is covered with soft net material that adapts ideally to the legs. The inclination angle can also be adjusted individually.
The seat ball: an alternative to the office chair
Again and again you hear about sitting balls for a healthy posture in the workplace. There is no backrest or armrests, if this can really provide an ergonomic advantage, we will explore in the following article.
The advantages of a seat ball are not to be underestimated. These are mainly in the strengthening of the body center, improving the balance and general attitude.
- Strengthening the center of the body: sitting on the ball forces the muscles in the middle of the body to be activated – including the abdomen, hips, chest and spine. The tension in these regions will stabilize and strengthen.
- Improving Balance: Sitting on a ball is an extremely shaky affair right at the beginning. In order to remain stable, several muscle parts have to keep the body in balance. The balancing happens rather subconsciously and is thus trained at the same time.
- Correction of posture: Since a ball does not have armrests or backrest, the body is forced to sit straight, because it has to support itself freely and can not lean back in a relaxed position. Especially in the hull area it comes to a significant strengthening.
Safety tip for sitting balls
Make sure the seat ball is labeled “Anti-Burst” as it may burst and cause injury. Thanks to “Anti-Burst” the ball loses air in the event of a puncture or the like, so you can react in time.
Our buying tips for sitting balls
Buy tip: When buying a seat ball, the ball diameter should be adapted to the height. The following dimensions are recommended here:
- up to 1.52 m: 45 cm
- 1.53 m – 1.71 m: 55 cm
- 1.72 m – 1.92 m: 65 cm
- from 1.92 m: 75 cm
The conclusion of our guide to office chairs and Co.
In addition to choosing the right office chair, it also makes sense to deal with the supply of accessories such as wheels, floor mats or footrests. The right choice of wheels is definitely a must, otherwise the new office chair will soon cause trouble. In order to avoid this, it is also helpful to look for quality seals and test marks when buying.
Those who suffer from back problems or have ever had a herniated disc, should fall back on suitable disc turn chairs. In general, it is also possible to exchange the office chair for an alternative, such as the seat ball. Even if there is a lot to consider when it comes to ergonomic sitting, you should now have an overview of what really matters.
You May Likse Also: